As we all know, some of the best things in life are entirely untrue. This holds no less to be actually the fact with music as well – I think you’ll find.
If I’m honest with myself – and I am not – I must admit that many of my favorite musical ensembles are entirely fictional.
- Armada (aka Rod Torfulsen’s Armada) (of “The Kids In The Hall”)
- Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Cavaliers (of “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension”)
- Buddha Stalin (of “Strangers With Candy”)
- Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem (of “The Muppet Show”)
- The Heaven Seventeen (of “A Clockwork Orange”)
- The Monkees (of “The Monkees”)
- Mos Eisley Cantina Band (of “Star Wars, Episode IV”)
- Spinal Tap (of “This Is Spinal Tap”)
- Tenacious D (of they who are The D)
- Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars (of “The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars”)